Terms of Service
Please make sure to read everything before commissioning me.
Ordering a commission from MysticalScribbles means you agree to the terms of service
- The copyright in artwork commissioned by the Client shall be retained by the Illustrator.
- The artwork commissioned is for personal use; no commercial use allowed. You may not profit from the art, sell prints or products, etc. You are allowed to make prints for personal use.
- You may resize or crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but you cannot alter the artwork itself.
- If the Client wishes to use the commission for commercial use the Client can receive a license. The terms for this can be discussed.
- If the Client likes the commission to remain private (not ever published anywhere), the Client should mention this
- The Client is allowed to post the artwork on social media as long as they give credit to the Illustrator.
7. The Client shall pay all invoices within 30 days of their receipt. Interest at a rate of 8% per month after 30 days of the date of invoice.
8. All payment will be in EUR. I will send an invoice through PayPal.
9. Payment is due in full upfront for any commission equal to or below €300.
For amounts greater than €300, payment plans are available. These will depend on the price and your circumstances. You’ll receive a small resolution for reviews in this case, and will receive the full resolution after final payment is made.
10. If a commission is cancelled by the Client, the Client shall be refunded as follows:
(i) 100% of the agreed fee if the commission is cancelled before the rough stage starts:
(ii) 75% of the agreed fee if the commission is cancelled at the rough stage:
(iii) 50% of the agreed fee if the commission is cancelled at the refining stage;
(iiii) 0% of the agreed fee if the commission is cancelled on the delivery of artwork;
11. In the event of cancellation, ownership of all rights granted under this Agreement shall revert to the Illustrator unless the artwork is based on the Client’s visual or otherwise agreed.
12. The Illustrator shall use her best endeavors to deliver the artwork to the Client by the agreed date and shall notify the Client of any anticipated delay at the first opportunity in which case the Client may (unless the delay is the fault of the Client) make time of the essence and cancel the commission without payment in the event of the Illustrator falling to meet the agreed date.
13. The illustrator shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damages arising from late delivery of the artwork.
14. The Client shall make an immediate objection upon delivery if the artwork is not in accordance with the brief. If such objection is not received by the Illustrator within 21 days of delivery of artwork it shall be conclusively presumed that the artwork is acceptable.
15. The Client are allowed 2 revisions of the sketch. Any additional revisions will cost 25% of the original price
16.The Client are allowed 2 color revisions after the refined stage. Any additional revisions will cost 50% of the original price
17. Except where artwork is based on reference material or visuals supplied by the Client or where otherwise agreed, the Illustrator warrants that the artwork is original and does not infringe any existing copyright and further warrants that she has not used the artwork elsewhere.
18. The Client warrants that any necessary permissions have been obtained for the agreed use of reference material or visuals supplied by the Client or its customer and shall indemnify the Illustrator against any and all claims and expenses including reasonable legal fees arising from the Illustrator’s use of any materials provided by the Client or its customer.
Ownership of Artwork
19. The Illustrator shall retain ownership of all artwork (including roughs and other materials) delivered to the Client.
20. The Illustrator’s original artwork shall not be intentionally destroyed, damaged, altered, retouched, modified or changed in any way whatsoever without the consent of the Illustrator.
21. The Client shall ensure the Illustrator is credited in any editorial use of the artwork. Credits for non-editorial use are not required unless so indicated on the front of the form.